Over the last few days I’ve been writing my own XML database in Python, today I discovered Apache Xindice (it’s pronounced zeen-dee-chay). It seems like it could be a lot like what I’m trying to do. Only it’s written in Java and I hate Java. So I’ll continue on doing my Python stuff for Pridb.
One other interesting thing that I found was XUpdate which is a query language for XML database. I’ll play around with that some more too. It uses XPATH to select elements also, so that’s a bit of a plus as Pridb already uses XPATH for selections. I’ll consider implementing that later, but I happen to be a bit of a fan of the SQL like syntax I’ve got going right now.